14-01-2013, 04:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013, 04:29 PM by Radio Fixer.)
I simply would hate myself if I refinished a decent radio cabinet in either Danish or Tung. And another is polyurethane. This one 'cos I once bought a rare radio (I have neve seen another in 15 years) that had been stripped to the naked and then slathered with poly. It was simply a pig to get off. It turned into a swan though and is a radio that even non avids stop and admire if its on display on the sideboard.
I have tried French Polish and its fairly easy to get the hang of on radios with simple flat surfaces where the rubber can run off the end, so to speak. You will know what I mean if you have ever done any. But without a bucket full of experience then cabinets with inset and complex panels or odd shapes are impossible. Here's a couple of examples: both a breeze with spray.
Gary
I have tried French Polish and its fairly easy to get the hang of on radios with simple flat surfaces where the rubber can run off the end, so to speak. You will know what I mean if you have ever done any. But without a bucket full of experience then cabinets with inset and complex panels or odd shapes are impossible. Here's a couple of examples: both a breeze with spray.
Gary







