10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi,
I don't know of a source for these droppers Nick but I've used Capacitor Droppers previously with great success.
I had a good selection of X2 caps and would start by adding say 3uF increasing the mains voltage using a Variac whilst taking voltage readings on the set and adjusting the caps until I got the voltage just right. I could never get the maths to work correctly so took the more practical approach.
http://www.vintage-radio.com/repair-rest...calcs.html
Kind regards, Col.
I don't know of a source for these droppers Nick but I've used Capacitor Droppers previously with great success.
I had a good selection of X2 caps and would start by adding say 3uF increasing the mains voltage using a Variac whilst taking voltage readings on the set and adjusting the caps until I got the voltage just right. I could never get the maths to work correctly so took the more practical approach.
http://www.vintage-radio.com/repair-rest...calcs.html
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







