10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Just to clarify a point, it's not a 'circlip' - it's an 'E' clip.
Circlips - be they internal or external - are installed or removed with circlip pliers inserted into two holes to either expand or contract the clip.
As to using coinage of the realm to gauge the size of small objects, the clip looks to be about the size of a what - as a kid - we called a 'threepenny joey' which had 12 sides.
(A joey was originally a four pence piece - the groat. I'm not quite old enough to remember those!).
Circlips - be they internal or external - are installed or removed with circlip pliers inserted into two holes to either expand or contract the clip.
As to using coinage of the realm to gauge the size of small objects, the clip looks to be about the size of a what - as a kid - we called a 'threepenny joey' which had 12 sides.
(A joey was originally a four pence piece - the groat. I'm not quite old enough to remember those!).
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







