20-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Nice! I'm after a 'D' in the New Year.
The BFO mod is easy, two bits of thick-ish wire connected to two valve pins, you can just about see it here (bottom centre valve base) on my LF.
My LF really came to life when I replaced the grey coffin shaped capacitors in the coil boxes. A big improvement came when I changed some 33K resistors, again in the coil boxes.
Not that you should be worrying about the above at the moment! Do what Al suggested and make sure it's not going to kill your output transformer first.
Andrew
The BFO mod is easy, two bits of thick-ish wire connected to two valve pins, you can just about see it here (bottom centre valve base) on my LF.
My LF really came to life when I replaced the grey coffin shaped capacitors in the coil boxes. A big improvement came when I changed some 33K resistors, again in the coil boxes.
Not that you should be worrying about the above at the moment! Do what Al suggested and make sure it's not going to kill your output transformer first.
Andrew






