07-11-2012, 03:47 PM
They seem to be highly regarded and fly off the shelf at Arc Euro Trade:
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/...ies/Lathes
Clarke is the Brand name for Machine Mart who often have 'VAT Free' events on Clarke products. Although Clarke stuff is very much at the budget/DIY end of the scale, the metalworking lathes and milling machines such as the Clarke branded Siege stuff seems to be quite good quality. Until the little Lorch came my way I'd often been tempted. The Clarke CL300 presently retails at £449 ex VAT - £538.80 inc VAT, so it's a worthwhile saving to take advantage of the VAT free events. (the '300' refers to the distance between centres in mm). Quite versatile too - power feed, screwcutting (left/right hand threads).
Internet auction sites are awash with S/H lathes so I woudn't personally buy a new one - it's not so much a question of money, but value for money for occasional use, rather than as a day-in, day-out modelmaker. I use my metalworking lathe about once a month, but find it indispensible for so many small tasks.
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/...ies/Lathes
Clarke is the Brand name for Machine Mart who often have 'VAT Free' events on Clarke products. Although Clarke stuff is very much at the budget/DIY end of the scale, the metalworking lathes and milling machines such as the Clarke branded Siege stuff seems to be quite good quality. Until the little Lorch came my way I'd often been tempted. The Clarke CL300 presently retails at £449 ex VAT - £538.80 inc VAT, so it's a worthwhile saving to take advantage of the VAT free events. (the '300' refers to the distance between centres in mm). Quite versatile too - power feed, screwcutting (left/right hand threads).
Internet auction sites are awash with S/H lathes so I woudn't personally buy a new one - it's not so much a question of money, but value for money for occasional use, rather than as a day-in, day-out modelmaker. I use my metalworking lathe about once a month, but find it indispensible for so many small tasks.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







