07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Nice to have a partner that understands - mine's the same - bought me a router table for my birthday! - reckons a workshop is the lesser of many, many, possible evils...
The Clarke looks like a "white label" version of the Sieg C2A 300, e.g. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-sie...90511_pg1/ - a lathe I've often been tempted by... the specs seems identical... The SC2 variant has the later, 500W motor...
I settled for the Hobbymat MD65 as they are widely available, relatively cheap and a good one lasts for ever - they are, however, a bit small with the swing-over-bed limited and no dis-mountable bed section either. One plus is the BFE65 milling attachment... though the Sieg/Clarke is much more modern.
I wonder if the Sieg DROs will fit the Clarke? I note you also have the travelling and fixed steadies, 4 jaw chuck and gear variants etc,, so its a really nice bit of kit...
Realistically, I want a much more capable lathe next time (you already have those!), but the solid floor and a bigger workshop has to come first...
EDIT: Just noticed that the Sieg C2 control board (XMT 2325) is the same p/n as that in the electrical diagram for the Clarke, so they are the same lathe...
The Clarke looks like a "white label" version of the Sieg C2A 300, e.g. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-sie...90511_pg1/ - a lathe I've often been tempted by... the specs seems identical... The SC2 variant has the later, 500W motor...
I settled for the Hobbymat MD65 as they are widely available, relatively cheap and a good one lasts for ever - they are, however, a bit small with the swing-over-bed limited and no dis-mountable bed section either. One plus is the BFE65 milling attachment... though the Sieg/Clarke is much more modern.
I wonder if the Sieg DROs will fit the Clarke? I note you also have the travelling and fixed steadies, 4 jaw chuck and gear variants etc,, so its a really nice bit of kit...
Realistically, I want a much more capable lathe next time (you already have those!), but the solid floor and a bigger workshop has to come first...
EDIT: Just noticed that the Sieg C2 control board (XMT 2325) is the same p/n as that in the electrical diagram for the Clarke, so they are the same lathe...
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







