At this stage I've got the new speaker properly mounted on the chassis. Next will be more metalwork to fabricate a bracket to mount the OPT to the top of the speaker. The long bolts are temporary - all will be cut to length before final assembly. The final octal socket is also now fitted - thanks again Rob! I ended up fitting the socket with 3mm bolts and locking nuts. I had intended using snap rivets but the force to snap the rivet shaft was too much for the paxolin and I didn't want to risk breaking the socket. The new one was ever so slightly larger than the original so wouldn't fit in the rectifier location. I removed the socket fitted in the centre of the chassis and used that for the rectifier. After some slight enlarging of the mounting holes in the socket I fitted the new one in the centre area without any difficulty.
I'd appreciate some guidance re the value of the field coil and it's effect on the power supply filtering. The resistance of the field coil measures 450 Ohms whereas the original measured 3000 Ohms. I assume the speaker will be OK so long as the field coil can handle the required 45mA or so but I'm not sure how to compensate for the lower inductance value in terms of power supply filtering. All help is as ever much appreciated.
Cheers, John
I'd appreciate some guidance re the value of the field coil and it's effect on the power supply filtering. The resistance of the field coil measures 450 Ohms whereas the original measured 3000 Ohms. I assume the speaker will be OK so long as the field coil can handle the required 45mA or so but I'm not sure how to compensate for the lower inductance value in terms of power supply filtering. All help is as ever much appreciated.
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







