15-10-2012, 05:08 PM
(15-10-2012, 11:00 AM)pwdrive Wrote: I once heard about the reason for the spare valve holder opening on the chassis on some versions, can anyone refresh?
The chassis of all models of PCRs were punched to take an extra valveholder near the IF strip for a BFO, as fitted in the 'PTR' - a variant communications receiver similar to the original PCR receiver, but which was fitted with a BFO valve stage and other circuit features making it suitable for both speech and CW (Morse code) reception.
I guess that the circuitry from the PTR could be copied to add the BFO to the PCR, or more simply, a transistorised BFO used, as per the PW article which Joe has added to the forum archive.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







