13-10-2012, 05:31 PM
(13-10-2012, 07:53 AM)Radio Fixer Wrote: Hello JohnThanks Gary, I'll definitely finish it with some form of protective clear coat. For now it's just well soaked in WD40 and fortunately the air where I live is very dry - especially now as we head into Winter. Once I've got the missing octal valve socket fitted (still can't find the right type for it) then it will be clear coat time.
Coming on well. I do wonder what will stop the chassis from rusting? It does look as if you have removed all of the thin cadmium plating?
In these situations I have either spray painted with silver Smoothrite or sprayed with Zinser Shellac. This leaves the bright metal gleaming through and to me is too shinny. I normally dull it down either with matt lacquer or satin.
Zinser, which alas does not spray too well and needs some experience, has fantastic adhesion in simple tests made by me.
cheers Gary
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







