12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I just said my middle name is concrete, here we go, finnished this lot the other day.
The slab and ramp for the Landrover garage.
The slab and ramp in the car garage.
The slab and (ramp not shown) in the wood shed.
The slab (with bricks) for the radio shack.
No sooner had I finnished laying the latter it poured down, it's basically survived ok but the top will be a bit dusty once dried out. At the moment I hate the stuff!
Mark is correct about water/concrete strength (slump test etc) but for what Andy needs I would not worry if it ended up with to much water in the mix (within reason) weather permitting you could lay it dry etc as it would go off ok this time of year, covering and wetting as I previously said.
If I was doing the same thing here I would pour in a wet mix if you could get that water out of the trench as it is easier to level off, if heavy rain occures straight after then cover it with old sheets/newspaper or any other sheet material like old plywood/roof sheets etc. until the tops gone off a bit.
Good luck whichever way.
Lawrence.
The slab and ramp for the Landrover garage.
The slab and ramp in the car garage.
The slab and (ramp not shown) in the wood shed.
The slab (with bricks) for the radio shack.
No sooner had I finnished laying the latter it poured down, it's basically survived ok but the top will be a bit dusty once dried out. At the moment I hate the stuff!
Mark is correct about water/concrete strength (slump test etc) but for what Andy needs I would not worry if it ended up with to much water in the mix (within reason) weather permitting you could lay it dry etc as it would go off ok this time of year, covering and wetting as I previously said.
If I was doing the same thing here I would pour in a wet mix if you could get that water out of the trench as it is easier to level off, if heavy rain occures straight after then cover it with old sheets/newspaper or any other sheet material like old plywood/roof sheets etc. until the tops gone off a bit.
Good luck whichever way.
Lawrence.







