10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
(10-10-2012, 01:53 PM)Joe Wrote: That colour-code is the harmonised three-phase scheme. Normally the wire-armouring would be the earth.
What I'd do is use brown as live, black as neutral and leave the grey one alone. Put a bit of blue tape or heat-shrink around the ends of the black one to make it clear that it is a neutral.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Export the PME" and as I'm twenty-odd years out-of-date I'd better not comment on that.
- Joe, CGLI 232
Hi Joe, I'm with you on the live and neutral, that would be my logical choice too,
The armoured sheathing is galvanised steel.
I have not attempted to make any connection yet at the house end, at the caravan end I installed a metal galvanised box with knock outs and a removable lid, stripped the end of the cable and fed through one of the lknockout holes, at that point the armour was cut back and terminated into the proper brass gland and tightened up, the three core wires are just hanging out of the box at the moment but will connect as required to a small six way consumer unit. There is provision on the metal gland to connect it to the consumer units earth bar.
Exporting the PME means (I think) sending to somewhere other than the dwelling it supplies ie: taking a feed from the dwelling to another building or point within the properties boundary.
Anyone else agree with the colour coding?
That Dr Mark is a smart fella, wonder what he thinks...
Lawrence.







