08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Looks to be a very well organised outfit John, and the books look excellent.
I wonder what the forum ethos is like - whether or not the moderators act as punctuation pedants, always on patrol looking for the odd slip-up. Be no use using an English QWERTY keyboard with no accents -I'd hate to leave off a cedilla and cause a moderator to have a fit of the vapours, or to find that I've committed an 'infraction'. Still, like all forums, we can always read without posting.
Much easier to read French than to listen to it or try to speak it. EG, the forum stats at the bottom of the front page:
Qui est en ligne:
Au total il y a 23 utilisateurs en ligne: 10 enregistrés, 0 invisible et 13 invités (basées sur les utilisateurs actifs des 20 dernières minutes)
Le record du nombre d’utilisateurs en ligne est de 530, le 22 Juil 2012, 10:14
Must be a stonking big forum to have had 530 online at 10.14 on a Sunday morning!
I love the term the French forum uses for 'HELP' - not a direct equivalent ('secours'), but 'je suis perdu' - 'I am lost'. Shades of Bonnie Tyler - 'Lost in France'!
I wonder what the forum ethos is like - whether or not the moderators act as punctuation pedants, always on patrol looking for the odd slip-up. Be no use using an English QWERTY keyboard with no accents -I'd hate to leave off a cedilla and cause a moderator to have a fit of the vapours, or to find that I've committed an 'infraction'. Still, like all forums, we can always read without posting.
Much easier to read French than to listen to it or try to speak it. EG, the forum stats at the bottom of the front page:
Qui est en ligne:
Au total il y a 23 utilisateurs en ligne: 10 enregistrés, 0 invisible et 13 invités (basées sur les utilisateurs actifs des 20 dernières minutes)
Le record du nombre d’utilisateurs en ligne est de 530, le 22 Juil 2012, 10:14
Must be a stonking big forum to have had 530 online at 10.14 on a Sunday morning!
I love the term the French forum uses for 'HELP' - not a direct equivalent ('secours'), but 'je suis perdu' - 'I am lost'. Shades of Bonnie Tyler - 'Lost in France'!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







