(30-07-2012, 10:33 AM)Robert Darwent Wrote: The dropper on the far right is a previous owners work, its not actually connected to anything. The 25Z6 rectifier along side it looks quite 'milky' and no doubt needs replacing but I haven't tested it yet.
On the far left the two 100 uF electrolytics have been replaced at some point and should be enclosed in a aluminium can similar in appearance to the IFT's, unfortunately whoever replaced the capacitors didn't refit it.
Regards
Yes, the rectifier does look a bit poorly Robert!
There's a good view of the cap can in John's picture. Knowing what a stickler you are for authenticity, doubtless you'll be looking out for a suitably sized IF can to replicate the original cap can.
Did these sets have painted grooves around the cabinet, or is that my eyes deceiving me? Quite a striking looking set. Makes a nice change from the ubiquitous DAC90A!
Is that the original back panel on yours Robert?
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







