26-06-2012, 01:13 AM
from memory the usual Ferguson 1Exxxx.. nightmare.. 2,000,000 different model numbers seemingly having no logical basis. The only way to be 100% sure is if the number remains on the back label.. and the back is original.. and the guts haven't been swapped around.. In fact.. I would say unless you bought the thing from new and can guarantee nobody has been at it at any time before it's impossible to predict what you will find lurking inside regardless of a supposed model number.. I did a lot of gutting r/c models with dead tubes (why was it always the green gun that went h/k short?) and shoving the chassis into non remote shells with good tubes and dead lopt's wired to front controls accordingly.. could do a TX9 from memory in about 30 mins.. and the 90 wasn't much different.. good sets.
They did make lovely pictures tho, and were a treat to work on.. at least the non remote models were. I remember once taking a walk across the estate in the dark (we had a very dim and sad Decca Bradford in the house) to get a smashed chassis from near some bins to fix a dead one somebody found outside the flats and brought in.. Ahh.. the early 90's on the dole.
It's only 18 months ago that I parted with a by now very rare tx90 chassis "supersound" stereo set.. 22" working with remote, my mothers, free to a good home.
They did make lovely pictures tho, and were a treat to work on.. at least the non remote models were. I remember once taking a walk across the estate in the dark (we had a very dim and sad Decca Bradford in the house) to get a smashed chassis from near some bins to fix a dead one somebody found outside the flats and brought in.. Ahh.. the early 90's on the dole.
It's only 18 months ago that I parted with a by now very rare tx90 chassis "supersound" stereo set.. 22" working with remote, my mothers, free to a good home.






