07-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi,
Mark you are a star; thank you so much not only for the information but also for the kind offer of a cable. I'm cracking up as I'm fed up of falling over things whilst my old computer table set up with the computer etc is in the front bedroom; I found the new correct cable whilst searching on my hands and knees under the table; it's another black hole just like the one in the garage.
Five minutes work has the new monitor fully working and awesome doesn't do it justice; I have it pushed to the rear of the table and the screen is so big I can easily read all the text without resorting to using the bottom of my bi-focals. Boy its wonderful and worth every penny. All I need now is the new computer to really make full use of it.
It's like looking at a wide screen TV and I tried to take a decent picture the best of which is included below together with a picture of the cramped space I'm working in at the moment. Tomorrow I'll transfer the computer system to the new desk then I can dispose of this big farmhouse type table making a great deal of space.
I'd be happy to transfer everything now but it is so dark and gloomy just like summer should be.
Thanks Mark; it's appreciated and I'm on a high with my new toy.
Kind regards, Col.
Mark you are a star; thank you so much not only for the information but also for the kind offer of a cable. I'm cracking up as I'm fed up of falling over things whilst my old computer table set up with the computer etc is in the front bedroom; I found the new correct cable whilst searching on my hands and knees under the table; it's another black hole just like the one in the garage.
Five minutes work has the new monitor fully working and awesome doesn't do it justice; I have it pushed to the rear of the table and the screen is so big I can easily read all the text without resorting to using the bottom of my bi-focals. Boy its wonderful and worth every penny. All I need now is the new computer to really make full use of it.
It's like looking at a wide screen TV and I tried to take a decent picture the best of which is included below together with a picture of the cramped space I'm working in at the moment. Tomorrow I'll transfer the computer system to the new desk then I can dispose of this big farmhouse type table making a great deal of space.
I'd be happy to transfer everything now but it is so dark and gloomy just like summer should be.
Thanks Mark; it's appreciated and I'm on a high with my new toy.
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







