07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
(07-06-2012, 04:40 PM)Retired Wrote: The monitor has now arrived which is rapid service from ebuyer and looks totally different to my old CRT monitor. Adding the base was simple it being held in place by a single screw but connecting up is a disaster as the cables don't match the sockets; the only cable that connects is the mains cable. What I don't want to do is waste a lot of time and perhaps money upgrading my old computer to accept the new monitor as I intended to buy a new computer at Christmas anyway so perhaps I'll buy the new computer in the near future and hopefully this will allow easy connection?
Just a quick reply Col, but when I read this, I wondered if the monitor only came with a digital DVI cable. But a quick look at the user manual shows that it should have come with an analogue cable - which I'm sure is what your old PC uses (as does mine
)The analogue cable should have D-types on either end - the high-density type with 3 rows of pins, just like your existing monitor. They will probably be a shade of royal blue.
If the cable wasn't included, they are readily available. Analogue VGA is an old standard, but still widely used, and supported by your new monitor. If you get stuck, I'll pop one in the post.
Good luck,
Mark







