06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Lawrence.
Thanks for your coments.
I've tried to do this again, with the same results. I've attached a diagram showing how I set the 50k linear pot up, with an 8k2 resistor from the slider to the top of the pot. I then put an ohmmeter across the slider and bottom of the pot and tracked the results, which resulted in a perfectly linear line - not an anti-log curve. The line was below that of a 50k linear pot on its own, and the total resistance was 42 k - not 50k.
What I want it to behave like is a 50k antilog pot in the role shown as in the circuit diagram.
You could say that I've still lost the plot - no surpises there then!
Hope the crude diagram makes sense, even though the results seem not to.
Thanks for your coments.
I've tried to do this again, with the same results. I've attached a diagram showing how I set the 50k linear pot up, with an 8k2 resistor from the slider to the top of the pot. I then put an ohmmeter across the slider and bottom of the pot and tracked the results, which resulted in a perfectly linear line - not an anti-log curve. The line was below that of a 50k linear pot on its own, and the total resistance was 42 k - not 50k.
What I want it to behave like is a 50k antilog pot in the role shown as in the circuit diagram.
You could say that I've still lost the plot - no surpises there then!
Hope the crude diagram makes sense, even though the results seem not to.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







