19-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi Folks, thanks for that I'll give honest John a try. I suspect he already knows about the problem, as it has been going on for some time if the posting on various forums are to be believed.
Imvestigating further with the latest Haynes manual (not nearly as comprehensive as they used to be), it is implied that some models have an "all open" and "all close " facility for the windows. If this facility is not fitted I suspect that there are loose connectors somewhere with unterminated leads; just the thing you are always taught not to do in data and other systems due to possible pick-up.
The use of 4 seperate switches, and fitting them would be a pain, so I will see if there are spare ways in the door connectors so that I can run a looped wire to a relay in each door that was "ignition on" activated. The relay contacts could then break the motor loop.
Thanks, Ed
Imvestigating further with the latest Haynes manual (not nearly as comprehensive as they used to be), it is implied that some models have an "all open" and "all close " facility for the windows. If this facility is not fitted I suspect that there are loose connectors somewhere with unterminated leads; just the thing you are always taught not to do in data and other systems due to possible pick-up.
The use of 4 seperate switches, and fitting them would be a pain, so I will see if there are spare ways in the door connectors so that I can run a looped wire to a relay in each door that was "ignition on" activated. The relay contacts could then break the motor loop.
Thanks, Ed







