19-05-2012, 08:00 AM
VAG cars suffer from this because of water getting into the module that controls the windows. Normally happens after rain - which gets in past the pollen filter and soaks the carpet in the passenger footwell. No idea where the module is in the Mondeo, but it's worth digging around - at the very least you ought to discover where all of these things live.
With each electrical connection you discover, it's worth opening it up and inspecting it, then dosing it with Servisol before putting it back together.
I need to do the same to my central locking (Focus). For years now, the internal lock doesn't activate the central locking unless the car is bone dry. Not a problem, as everything else works properly from the fob, and it's not often I feel the need to lock the doors from inside because I don't drive thrown dodgy areas
With each electrical connection you discover, it's worth opening it up and inspecting it, then dosing it with Servisol before putting it back together.
I need to do the same to my central locking (Focus). For years now, the internal lock doesn't activate the central locking unless the car is bone dry. Not a problem, as everything else works properly from the fob, and it's not often I feel the need to lock the doors from inside because I don't drive thrown dodgy areas








