15-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi,
Thanks Wage Slave; with the Avon tyres fitted our Toyota Aygo feels more comfortable and the tyres give increased confidence in all conditions. Different makes of tyre will give different road noise but the roads also contribute to this; driving up the M1 motorway near Garforth I find the road noise to be terrible for quite a distance then suddenly I think I've gone deaf once back onto normal tarmac.
I agree that caution is needed whilst driving in wet conditions but I'm used to survival having run powerful motorcycles for many years; being reckless on one of these gives a very much reduced lifespan. With five friends killed on bikes and being a coffin bearer for one of them is very sobering experience.
Biking was no longer practical once I married but Bron has done the ton a few times on pillion riding with me. I think I got bikes out of my system but I could be tempted to try out a Triumph Rocket 111 which I believe is electronically limited to 160MPH as long as I didn't get my collar felt by the men in blue. I don't think my chum David would ignore a chance for a blast on one of these either? I've ridden a Triumph Trident 111 750cc and also a Yamaha 111 750cc many years ago.
http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Rock..._7686.aspx
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks Wage Slave; with the Avon tyres fitted our Toyota Aygo feels more comfortable and the tyres give increased confidence in all conditions. Different makes of tyre will give different road noise but the roads also contribute to this; driving up the M1 motorway near Garforth I find the road noise to be terrible for quite a distance then suddenly I think I've gone deaf once back onto normal tarmac.
I agree that caution is needed whilst driving in wet conditions but I'm used to survival having run powerful motorcycles for many years; being reckless on one of these gives a very much reduced lifespan. With five friends killed on bikes and being a coffin bearer for one of them is very sobering experience.
Biking was no longer practical once I married but Bron has done the ton a few times on pillion riding with me. I think I got bikes out of my system but I could be tempted to try out a Triumph Rocket 111 which I believe is electronically limited to 160MPH as long as I didn't get my collar felt by the men in blue. I don't think my chum David would ignore a chance for a blast on one of these either? I've ridden a Triumph Trident 111 750cc and also a Yamaha 111 750cc many years ago.
http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Rock..._7686.aspx
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







