08-05-2012, 06:15 PM
As Joe says, the attempted paypal transaction was the first one that the bank stopped. I guess I'd have received a letter from the Fraud Team yesterday, except it's a Bank Holiday, so there was no post. I mentioned it to my younger son this eveninig and he told me coincidentally, that the same thing happened to him last week. The HSBC Fraud Team rang him to say that someone had attempted to make a purchase and had input the wrong 'Secure Code - Verified by Visa' number which alerted the bank. The rang him at work on his mobile to ask if it was he who had tried to make the transaction and when he said no, they cancelled his card and sent him another.
No-one has lost out in my case - not me, not the bank, not the firms involved, apart from he only transaction that went through - the £40 Vodaphone top-up which the bank will stand. The hotel and jewellery transactions were denied by the bank. The loser in this case is the fraudster, which is as it should be, but they'll keep at it no doubt.
No-one has lost out in my case - not me, not the bank, not the firms involved, apart from he only transaction that went through - the £40 Vodaphone top-up which the bank will stand. The hotel and jewellery transactions were denied by the bank. The loser in this case is the fraudster, which is as it should be, but they'll keep at it no doubt.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







