07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
(07-05-2012, 06:03 PM)Joe Wrote: ESR do fifty Watt ones in the values you want, David. They're the aluminium-clad ones so are easy to bolt down somewhere too.
- Joe
Thanks for reading my post Joe, and for pointing me in the right direction - I couldn't see the wood for the trees! ESR is often my first port of call, but I'm obviously starting to rely too much on google to find stuff - I guess it's the lazy 'sat-nav' syndrome. I'll order a couple of 50 Watt ones and a couple of 25 Watt ones then juggle them around for best fit. I've got some heat sinks that I can cut to a size that will fit the space available. The metal clad ones will be better than the originals as the dropper is quite close to the backboard. I never worry to much about preserving originality - for me, safety functionailty and reliability trump originality every time. EG, I don't leave knots in mains flexes as a means of cable restraint - I fit a 'P' clip and if need be, a grommit in the chassis rear apron.
ESR are great on the phone - quicker than ordering online and stuff arrives next day as a rule.
http://www.esr.co.uk/components/products...istors.htm
(Looking at your DAC90A cabinet, I think I'll sub-contract the polishing of the Princess cabinet to you! Sure you haven't sprayed it with gloss clear lacquer?)

Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







