11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
The lad wanted to go fishing this morning, so after 40 winks I have just got this restrung.
One of the problems was the tuning gang is held onto an upright by 3 bolts with grommets into to upright. In essence the tuning cap is about an inch off the chassis "floating". These Grommets are of a fiber material with a brass insert. Problem was there was not much left of the fiber so the tuning cap was all skew wifty. One I put some new grommets in and got the tension right works perfect.
thanks for the tips so far.
Cheers Mark
One of the problems was the tuning gang is held onto an upright by 3 bolts with grommets into to upright. In essence the tuning cap is about an inch off the chassis "floating". These Grommets are of a fiber material with a brass insert. Problem was there was not much left of the fiber so the tuning cap was all skew wifty. One I put some new grommets in and got the tension right works perfect.
thanks for the tips so far.
Cheers Mark
Keep on Fiddling!







