Hi,
Thanks David and Joe.
When I stripped my belt grinder motor and re-assembled all appeared well and the motor then started OK but has since returned to sulking and refusing to start so I think the problem is an open circuit start winding that is intermittent? It was cold in the garage when I stripped the motor so I just wanted to get the job done and my DMM was up in the workshop. It's not a big job to strip one of these motors. Being retired is a full time job with maximum overtime; I seldom seem to get time these days to play around with projects as other more pressing jobs keep popping up.
Fingers crossed Rob that it is a simple fault that you can easily sort out.
See you as planned at Rufforth Auto Jumble tomorrow morning David; I hope it isn't freezing.
It's time I got off my backside and crack on with the decorating.
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks David and Joe.
When I stripped my belt grinder motor and re-assembled all appeared well and the motor then started OK but has since returned to sulking and refusing to start so I think the problem is an open circuit start winding that is intermittent? It was cold in the garage when I stripped the motor so I just wanted to get the job done and my DMM was up in the workshop. It's not a big job to strip one of these motors. Being retired is a full time job with maximum overtime; I seldom seem to get time these days to play around with projects as other more pressing jobs keep popping up.
Fingers crossed Rob that it is a simple fault that you can easily sort out.
See you as planned at Rufforth Auto Jumble tomorrow morning David; I hope it isn't freezing.
It's time I got off my backside and crack on with the decorating.
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







