06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Colin's your man for this - he used to work for Brookes in Huddersfield. It looks very similar to a motor that I had which Colin helped me with. It will have a 'start' winding' and a 'run' winding. I think that the 'start' winding draws a heavier current to give the motor a kick to start it spinning, then a centrifugal switch (which has little springs and a contact ring) swtiches the motor over to the 'run' winding. Could perhaps be that either the start winding is o/c or the centrifugal switch needs attention, as mine did. (I had to reverse the direction of my motor, and Colin was most helpful in advising me how to change over the windings to achieve that).
I'm sure Colin will see your post and will respond.
Best of luck with it Rob!
I'm sure Colin will see your post and will respond.
Best of luck with it Rob!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







