05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
(05-04-2012, 07:22 AM)Radio Fixer Wrote: They say the decal paper has a use by date of 1 year, so you had better get printing David. 'Cos of this I only buy two sheets at a time.
As you say I have done a fair amount of dial making but not used the laminated method as Robert has done. I have another dial making article coming out in the Summer edition of the Bulletin which goes into the use of the Student Edition of CorelDraw... it may inspire you David to have a go. Its a most enjoyable package to use but be warned you need a powerful PC really, the minimum specs they quote would make it very frustrating I believe. Wont post details of it here as to me it spoils it for BVWS members... dont mind doing so afterwards though.
I'll look forward very much to reading the article Gary, and learning more about the Student Edition of Coreldraw. As to the PC spec, my PC has an intel core-due CPU at 3.06gHz, 4 gB ram, running a 32 bit OS, a 300gB hard drive, and W7 Home Premium. I don't know if that would be up to the task, nor more importantly, whether I would? I'm so far down the food chain that I think the ideal software that I'd need to get me off the ground would be 'dials for dummies' or some such thing!

Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







