30-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your comments Tony.
Re the use of WD40 as a transparentizer' it's cheap and plentiful, but you can actually buy acrylic transparentizer and I do still have an aerosol of it that I must have had for 25 years. I won't be buying any more at this price!:
http://www.artistsupplysource.com/produc...ctid=50153
I'll probably end up e-mailing PCB artwork to my younger son who heads up a PR department which does in-house publishing to see what e can produce for me. I probably don't do more than ten PCBs a year anyway. I'll try a different make of acetate too, to see if any other type is more compatible with my Epson. I'm still incredulous as to how they can design and produce print heads with such precision whatever the make and whatever the cost. It's not so many years ago that electric typewriters with golf-ball type-heads were considered the height of sophistication!
Re the use of WD40 as a transparentizer' it's cheap and plentiful, but you can actually buy acrylic transparentizer and I do still have an aerosol of it that I must have had for 25 years. I won't be buying any more at this price!:
http://www.artistsupplysource.com/produc...ctid=50153
I'll probably end up e-mailing PCB artwork to my younger son who heads up a PR department which does in-house publishing to see what e can produce for me. I probably don't do more than ten PCBs a year anyway. I'll try a different make of acetate too, to see if any other type is more compatible with my Epson. I'm still incredulous as to how they can design and produce print heads with such precision whatever the make and whatever the cost. It's not so many years ago that electric typewriters with golf-ball type-heads were considered the height of sophistication!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







