30-03-2012, 04:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012, 04:44 PM by Radio Fixer.)
I do print some pics David and I like to think I'm pretty good with PhotoShop (20 years experience) and getting better with CorelDraw which I've changed over to. For me getting this done by others would remove the fun part for me.
From reading yours and John's post, for the home and 'not many prints user' , we are getting a great deal from our ink jets. The corporates, with big ink consumption, have brought the price of the printers down to almost pocket money for us. And for me I have a printer that works as well as it did 10 or more years ago, produces superb prints, with the tweaks I enjoy doing. Its amazing technology that sits under my desk and just keeps working flawlessly, on the makers ink I must say. Head cleaning, whats that? I never do it. Never looked before David but mine are 13mL and 78mL for the 6.
If you only want the occasional acetate why not take the file, as a PDF, to Staples and get it printed on a laser printer, with your chosen acetate (or use theirs), and get them to print it for you... charge is 35p.
I have often thought John about a flat bed ink jet printer for doing dials and the like but apart from the mechanics where do you get ink cartridges with ink that will stick to acrylic or glass? Had silk screens done and after screening the glass and ink is baked at high temp... to me it seems a specialist area.
Gary
From reading yours and John's post, for the home and 'not many prints user' , we are getting a great deal from our ink jets. The corporates, with big ink consumption, have brought the price of the printers down to almost pocket money for us. And for me I have a printer that works as well as it did 10 or more years ago, produces superb prints, with the tweaks I enjoy doing. Its amazing technology that sits under my desk and just keeps working flawlessly, on the makers ink I must say. Head cleaning, whats that? I never do it. Never looked before David but mine are 13mL and 78mL for the 6.
If you only want the occasional acetate why not take the file, as a PDF, to Staples and get it printed on a laser printer, with your chosen acetate (or use theirs), and get them to print it for you... charge is 35p.
I have often thought John about a flat bed ink jet printer for doing dials and the like but apart from the mechanics where do you get ink cartridges with ink that will stick to acrylic or glass? Had silk screens done and after screening the glass and ink is baked at high temp... to me it seems a specialist area.
Gary







