30-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I believe the general business model for consumer inkjet printers is that the manufacturers factor the bulk of the printer cost into the ink cost such that over a typical three year period they make their target profit. They certainly make no profit on the initial sale of the printer itself. They take this loss to 'capture' the ink business.
I like to print photos so I have a dedicated photo printer - a small HP thing called I believe a Photosmart 470. For regular hardcopy work I have a multi-function (scan, copy, print) device - also a HP Photosmart - though a series 5000 or something like that.
I have not printed on acetate for years so don't know if my current HP device would work or not.
These are a few years old now. Prior to that I had a large A3 Epson printer which worked fine until it died - had only a parallel interface - not sure how many PC's have those these days.
I've actually been thinking of building a printer to print on sheets of acrylic or glass for making replacement glass dials. I've seen some home brew devices on the net so may get round to having a go.
Cheers, John
I like to print photos so I have a dedicated photo printer - a small HP thing called I believe a Photosmart 470. For regular hardcopy work I have a multi-function (scan, copy, print) device - also a HP Photosmart - though a series 5000 or something like that.
I have not printed on acetate for years so don't know if my current HP device would work or not.
These are a few years old now. Prior to that I had a large A3 Epson printer which worked fine until it died - had only a parallel interface - not sure how many PC's have those these days.
I've actually been thinking of building a printer to print on sheets of acrylic or glass for making replacement glass dials. I've seen some home brew devices on the net so may get round to having a go.
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







