27-03-2012, 07:30 AM
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012, 07:35 AM by Radio Fixer.)
I have often marvelled at the technology David. Do inkjets work on the cathode ray tube principal with the ink firing out to the charged paper and being moved around by deflector plates? If someone told you that he was going to try and make such a device you possibly would tell him he's nuts!
I have just tried using paper intended for laser printers for decals. This doesn’t need lacquer before application, which for me isn’t easy to spray in winter as the garage is unheated. Apart from cutting out a step it may make the decal more flexible. I dont have a laser printer but Staples will print a sheet for you for 35p. This was only black on clear and I forgot to ask them about colour.
On your acetates for PCB's, I read that Aerodyne put them through the printer more than once... 3 times from memory. Guess it depends on how fine the tracks are and what you are layiing out for. Its going to work for discretes but IC's maybe not
Gary
I have just tried using paper intended for laser printers for decals. This doesn’t need lacquer before application, which for me isn’t easy to spray in winter as the garage is unheated. Apart from cutting out a step it may make the decal more flexible. I dont have a laser printer but Staples will print a sheet for you for 35p. This was only black on clear and I forgot to ask them about colour.
On your acetates for PCB's, I read that Aerodyne put them through the printer more than once... 3 times from memory. Guess it depends on how fine the tracks are and what you are layiing out for. Its going to work for discretes but IC's maybe not
Gary







