25-03-2012, 11:16 AM
This is very interesting - thanks for posting the link. In my recent restore of a Grundig 3028 I replaced the selenium rectifier with a silicon one and inserted the dropper resistor, etc. However the transformer runs hot but I cannot find any excess current drain on the secondary side - which is what I assumed is causing the t/f to overheat. I decided that the T/F itself must be faulty. Now I assume I should apply the maths in the article to see how much of the heating is due to the silicon full wave rectifier, etc.
I've got a donor 3028 chassis (specifically to swap the t/f) but have not picked it up yet. Hopefully I'll get it done by end of April.
Cheers, John
I've got a donor 3028 chassis (specifically to swap the t/f) but have not picked it up yet. Hopefully I'll get it done by end of April.
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







