24-03-2012, 08:09 AM
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012, 08:18 AM by Radio Fixer.)
My Epson Stylus Photo R300, 6 colour printer produces stunning prints not that I do many. I always buy Epson inks for it as the quality is so much better compared to refilled ones used by a friend with the same printer. Also, when I was working we tried refills and had problems with blocked jets so to me its not worth the risk. I dont know how old the printer is now... 10 years at a guess so it pays off for me.
Epson ink technology is fantastic and in accelarated life tests prints are said to be still good after the equivalent of 200 years. But as always I wanted to prove this to myself... so I printed off a test print, on Epson Glossy Photo paper and my friend did the same on cheapo paper and the refills (Cartridge World) and I hung them up in a sunny window and we watched what happened. Fron the start the Epson ones were better, most noticable in the dark colours and blacks. A year later the Epson were still good, with slight changes, but the cheapos were finished. So you get what you pay for.
The price and profit gets knocked out of hardware so maybe the makers have to claw some back on the consumables. I always buy my cartidges from a Just Ink and Paper in the Channel Islands and its < £60 for the six.
Most of my pictures get put onto DVD and made into slide shows.
Gary
Epson ink technology is fantastic and in accelarated life tests prints are said to be still good after the equivalent of 200 years. But as always I wanted to prove this to myself... so I printed off a test print, on Epson Glossy Photo paper and my friend did the same on cheapo paper and the refills (Cartridge World) and I hung them up in a sunny window and we watched what happened. Fron the start the Epson ones were better, most noticable in the dark colours and blacks. A year later the Epson were still good, with slight changes, but the cheapos were finished. So you get what you pay for.
The price and profit gets knocked out of hardware so maybe the makers have to claw some back on the consumables. I always buy my cartidges from a Just Ink and Paper in the Channel Islands and its < £60 for the six.
Most of my pictures get put onto DVD and made into slide shows.
Gary







