23-03-2012, 09:03 AM
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012, 09:06 AM by Radio Fixer.)
I wonder if the grooved boards we have are actually more slippery, when wet, due to less surface area in contact with the shoes... And what shoes you ask? Well for outside I wear cheap blue 'bumpers', or thats what I call them. Kinda canvas top over plasticky, rubbery soles with a shallow crosshatch tread pattern that wears down. Easy to slip on and off...not allowed in with them on... well I'm too well trained now to even consider it
.
I used the cheaper Decking Seal, two cans of it, which as said seems to act like surf wax and is much safer when the deck is wet although some of the non-slip maybe down to it being just cleaned... We could getting into real nerd stuff and do some extensive testing here
The boards are leathal when heavily frosted and covered in the grooves with thin snow... but here again most other hard landscaping is as well. Safer to walk on grass.
Finished the front cleaning with the rotating brush attachment which didnt pull out much sand from between the pavias. Used Ungers (marvelous from Screwfix), diluted at window cleaning strength, over it first and I reckon it helped and doesnt make too much foam unlike detergents.
Guess we have worn this one out now...
Shed building next... cheers Gary
.I used the cheaper Decking Seal, two cans of it, which as said seems to act like surf wax and is much safer when the deck is wet although some of the non-slip maybe down to it being just cleaned... We could getting into real nerd stuff and do some extensive testing here

The boards are leathal when heavily frosted and covered in the grooves with thin snow... but here again most other hard landscaping is as well. Safer to walk on grass.
Finished the front cleaning with the rotating brush attachment which didnt pull out much sand from between the pavias. Used Ungers (marvelous from Screwfix), diluted at window cleaning strength, over it first and I reckon it helped and doesnt make too much foam unlike detergents.
Guess we have worn this one out now...
Shed building next... cheers Gary







