22-03-2012, 06:38 PM
We used to sell the Dragon 32 where I worked back then (Radio/TV) shop, can't remember the price though I persuaded our service manager to buy some logic chips as I had convinced him that I could design and build a sampling 'scope! with it..well after a lot of faffing around I managed to get it to display audio waveforms up to a limited frequency (not very high, Nyquist and all that) he said it would never catch on, the same happened when the first sattalite dishes first came out (the 2 meter diameter ones) I think there were only two "birds" up then, I told the sales manager that this is the future and he laughed, however my immediate boss had faith and ordered a couple of systems up, I was probably one of the first engineers to install one of these things in our area, I remember reinforcing the first customers flat roof to make it more rigid and climbing up with the dish, an inclinometer, compass and looking for the sun at 1 o'clock, trying to find the two sattalites, happy days! Bought an all singing/dancing computor job not long after Windows 95 came out, it was a Packard Bell, It too was over a grand with the printer and a scanner, it came with loads of software though, I bought my present Acer a couple of years ago and there was hardly any software with it, I guess that's in the same vien as Apple and Aps.
Lawrence.
Lawrence.







