17-03-2012, 03:40 PM
It's definitely a personal thing. My Dad took to bifocals like a duck to water but, for all that she wore them for twenty-odd years, my Mother never took to them. Like Col it was only when she started school that it was realised that she had a problem.
I was always able to see fine but my eyes used to ache if I read for a long time. When I was on Income Support in 1990, so qualified for a free test, I went to the optician. He said I didn't really need glasses but as I'd get them for nowt I could have them if I wanted.
As I got older the problem seemed to sort itself out; in fact I nicked one of the screws out of my glasses to mend a friend's.
Last year I seemed to be having trouble seeing the hi-res screen on my laptop so, after a hunt, found and repaired my glasses and now wear them when I'm having a long session.
The odd thing is that they were made as reading glasses and used to slightly blur things at distance but now they sharpen everything up. The other thing is that I've lost weight since they were made so what with that and changes in fashion I look like Timmy Mallet. Go on, have laugh:-
Rather than 'trombining' I've been accused of trying to feel print with my nose.
As for contact lenses, I'll have white stick first.
- Joe
I was always able to see fine but my eyes used to ache if I read for a long time. When I was on Income Support in 1990, so qualified for a free test, I went to the optician. He said I didn't really need glasses but as I'd get them for nowt I could have them if I wanted.
As I got older the problem seemed to sort itself out; in fact I nicked one of the screws out of my glasses to mend a friend's.
Last year I seemed to be having trouble seeing the hi-res screen on my laptop so, after a hunt, found and repaired my glasses and now wear them when I'm having a long session.
The odd thing is that they were made as reading glasses and used to slightly blur things at distance but now they sharpen everything up. The other thing is that I've lost weight since they were made so what with that and changes in fashion I look like Timmy Mallet. Go on, have laugh:-
Rather than 'trombining' I've been accused of trying to feel print with my nose.
As for contact lenses, I'll have white stick first.
- Joe






