08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Lawrence, I bought some wrinkle paint from the American Antique Radio Supply - an expensive way to do it, actually - and I found it was very sensitive to both thickness applied and to ambient temperature. It was in aerosol form. In my opinion, not a job for the faint hearted! Tricky to get things right. I don't know of any source in Britain. Don't confuse with crackle paint, the final effect is quite different.
Joe and Mark: I'll attempt to sort out a further chassis restoration. Its a question of looking back through my archive of articles, photographs and notes to locate something that might be of interest to others.
John, have a go with Bakelite, painted variety. The mottled or plain types can also be repaired more or less invisibly and I will give some thought to that problem as a video slide show, too.
Thanks to all for the interest and encouragement.
-Tony
Joe and Mark: I'll attempt to sort out a further chassis restoration. Its a question of looking back through my archive of articles, photographs and notes to locate something that might be of interest to others.
John, have a go with Bakelite, painted variety. The mottled or plain types can also be repaired more or less invisibly and I will give some thought to that problem as a video slide show, too.
Thanks to all for the interest and encouragement.
-Tony







