11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
What are you doing to me, Steve? I don't do maths. 
A kilowatt-hour is the unit of energy for which you pay, back in the day they were called Board of Trade Units. If you run a one-bar fire (a 1kW one) it will burn a unit in an hour. A 100W lamp will take ten hours to burn the same.
So, if you run your 2.7kW heater for an hour it will burn 2.7kWh. All I did was multiply the arbitrary 15p by 2.7.
I know this isn't very clear but I am a bear of very little brain and numbers bother me.
- Joe

A kilowatt-hour is the unit of energy for which you pay, back in the day they were called Board of Trade Units. If you run a one-bar fire (a 1kW one) it will burn a unit in an hour. A 100W lamp will take ten hours to burn the same.
So, if you run your 2.7kW heater for an hour it will burn 2.7kWh. All I did was multiply the arbitrary 15p by 2.7.
I know this isn't very clear but I am a bear of very little brain and numbers bother me.
- Joe






