19-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Those little valves do seem to cause trouble. The heater stays active but there is no HT in many cases, which I think is the cause of the problem. The cathode heats up but there is nowhere for the electrons which come off the cathode to go. So theys land on the grid or the surrounding area and cause the valve not to work.
Most sets were not really used on VHF back in the day.
I am looking into other valves that can be used here as these bottles are getting rare.
Cheers,
Steve P.
Most sets were not really used on VHF back in the day.
I am looking into other valves that can be used here as these bottles are getting rare.
Cheers,
Steve P.
If we've always had that, why is the car boot open? You aren't smuggling in another old TV are you...?







