01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks Lawrence; yes I'm keen and wish my tools were as keen as me. I think it should be possible to set a belt up with an assortment of quick fitting attachments to cover most of my tool sharpening.
I am in a good position to experiment with ideas as I have decent workshop facilities and offcuts don't cost much. I just wish the weather was better as I hate the doom and gloom of winter.
Spending hours sharpening tools doesn't appeal to me and is why I sold a lot of my sharpening equipment as they took too long to set up and use when all I really want is to be able to quickly touch up a blunt tool; I'll look into the belt grinder idea again and see if I can refine it; having put together my first belt sander most of the basic work is sorted. This could be a good project to keep me amused during winter.
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks Lawrence; yes I'm keen and wish my tools were as keen as me. I think it should be possible to set a belt up with an assortment of quick fitting attachments to cover most of my tool sharpening.
I am in a good position to experiment with ideas as I have decent workshop facilities and offcuts don't cost much. I just wish the weather was better as I hate the doom and gloom of winter.
Spending hours sharpening tools doesn't appeal to me and is why I sold a lot of my sharpening equipment as they took too long to set up and use when all I really want is to be able to quickly touch up a blunt tool; I'll look into the belt grinder idea again and see if I can refine it; having put together my first belt sander most of the basic work is sorted. This could be a good project to keep me amused during winter.
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







