27-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi David,
I'm going through a big tidy up of the garage at the moment but I am going to be very limited for space even with a tidy up. i do have a feeling that a mini lathe is all that I will be able to accomodate in terms of physical size and cost too.
I have been looking on ebay and I am thinking that if I do buy a lathe (which is possible) such as a Unimat then I would like to get one that is as complete and working as possible. I'm not looking for one thats been 'unloved' and stored in the back of garage for years as in the long run this will surely cost more to get working the long run.
I'm also aware of the limitations of a mini lathe but I honestly don't think that I need anything that big that will cause placement and storage issues within the garage.
Regards
Rob
I'm going through a big tidy up of the garage at the moment but I am going to be very limited for space even with a tidy up. i do have a feeling that a mini lathe is all that I will be able to accomodate in terms of physical size and cost too.
I have been looking on ebay and I am thinking that if I do buy a lathe (which is possible) such as a Unimat then I would like to get one that is as complete and working as possible. I'm not looking for one thats been 'unloved' and stored in the back of garage for years as in the long run this will surely cost more to get working the long run.
I'm also aware of the limitations of a mini lathe but I honestly don't think that I need anything that big that will cause placement and storage issues within the garage.
Regards
Rob
if all else fails...read the instructions!







