23-11-2011, 03:18 PM
An example of what you can get for under £40.00. A good clean up, and it would do the business for anyone with the space for a fairly large lathe, well up to our likely requirements:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180757232595&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123
There are always lots of lathes on e-bay and similar sites to suit all requirements, be it large or small, old or new. True, there's always the problem of transport, but I don't think that's a big deal if the price is right - I went down to Colchester to collect my woodturning lathe a couple of years ago. Brand new, still in its box with the guarantee unregistered. List price £999 - I bought it at a 'buy now' price of £575 - a 'discount' of 42.5%!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180757232595&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123
There are always lots of lathes on e-bay and similar sites to suit all requirements, be it large or small, old or new. True, there's always the problem of transport, but I don't think that's a big deal if the price is right - I went down to Colchester to collect my woodturning lathe a couple of years ago. Brand new, still in its box with the guarantee unregistered. List price £999 - I bought it at a 'buy now' price of £575 - a 'discount' of 42.5%!!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







