21-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Thank you Lawrence & David for your Posts immediately preceeding this.
Collating all the advice received here in this Thread, my approach on this has now been decided: in essence, what Lawrence (immediately above), and a few others, previously, have said. It will be the stage-by-stage method, replacing those components (including wiring) that are necessary to establish correct circuit operation. (Stages not under exam. will have their HT temporarily removed for obvious reasons). As far as a priority list of 'what, when & why' is concerned, I am in total agreement with David.
The stage is now set; I just need to find a quiet time to get stuck in. However, this will have to wait for a bit, since very soon I will be involved in a total bathroom overhaul and refit. That'll make a change from doing same to old valve radios, eh?
In the meantime, I remain receptive to comments and advice from anyone else. And "thank you" to all who have contributed so far.
Al. / Nov. 21, 2011 //
Collating all the advice received here in this Thread, my approach on this has now been decided: in essence, what Lawrence (immediately above), and a few others, previously, have said. It will be the stage-by-stage method, replacing those components (including wiring) that are necessary to establish correct circuit operation. (Stages not under exam. will have their HT temporarily removed for obvious reasons). As far as a priority list of 'what, when & why' is concerned, I am in total agreement with David.
The stage is now set; I just need to find a quiet time to get stuck in. However, this will have to wait for a bit, since very soon I will be involved in a total bathroom overhaul and refit. That'll make a change from doing same to old valve radios, eh?

In the meantime, I remain receptive to comments and advice from anyone else. And "thank you" to all who have contributed so far.
Al. / Nov. 21, 2011 //






