07-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I knew I shouldn't have laughed at Alan last night as the Gods of Pye are judging me and the R33 has stopped singing.
It was after fitting the dial lights, it still doesn't work with them removed. There have been no flashes, bangs or puffs of smoke.
The voltages (digital) are:-
AC going into diode = 195V, should be 207V
DC coming out of diode = 229V, should be 225V
V1 UCH81 Triode/Heptode
Pin 1 (g2+g4) = 5V, should be 33V
Pin 6 (a) = 186V, should be 192V
Pin 8 (a") = 16V, should be 84V
V2 UBF89 Double Diode/Pentode
Pin 1 (g2) = 6V, should be 33V
Pin 6 (a) = 186, should be 192V
V3 Triode/Pentode
Pin 1 (a") = 68V, should be 70V
Pin 6 (a) = 220V, should be 217V
Pin 7 (k) = 10.4V, should be 10.4V
Pin 8 (g2) = 186V, should be 192V
All the components I've checked seem OK, including the transformers, so I can only think I've disturbed something or there's a solder-blob somewhere. The output stage is working but there's NO sound coming from the speaker when the wave switch is operated.
Any clues as to where to look next would be appreciated.
- Joe
It was after fitting the dial lights, it still doesn't work with them removed. There have been no flashes, bangs or puffs of smoke.
The voltages (digital) are:-
AC going into diode = 195V, should be 207V
DC coming out of diode = 229V, should be 225V
V1 UCH81 Triode/Heptode
Pin 1 (g2+g4) = 5V, should be 33V
Pin 6 (a) = 186V, should be 192V
Pin 8 (a") = 16V, should be 84V
V2 UBF89 Double Diode/Pentode
Pin 1 (g2) = 6V, should be 33V
Pin 6 (a) = 186, should be 192V
V3 Triode/Pentode
Pin 1 (a") = 68V, should be 70V
Pin 6 (a) = 220V, should be 217V
Pin 7 (k) = 10.4V, should be 10.4V
Pin 8 (g2) = 186V, should be 192V
All the components I've checked seem OK, including the transformers, so I can only think I've disturbed something or there's a solder-blob somewhere. The output stage is working but there's NO sound coming from the speaker when the wave switch is operated.
Any clues as to where to look next would be appreciated.
- Joe






