18-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi,
Thanks everyone. I learned about survival during winter driving having owned big solo motorcycles for many years riding in all weather conditions.
As Al rightly states all manoeuvres need to be done very carefully and masses of extra braking distance must be allowed; driving in such bad conditions I often wish I had a car to car missile launcher to get rid of the tail gaters.
I got up this morning with the intention of fitting the winter tyres and wheels but I don't fancy getting a soaking as it keeps pouring with rain. As soon as it dries up a bit outside I'll fit them as I believe bad weather is forecast shortly.
At least I'll be ready for the trip over the border to Golborne next month.
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks everyone. I learned about survival during winter driving having owned big solo motorcycles for many years riding in all weather conditions.
As Al rightly states all manoeuvres need to be done very carefully and masses of extra braking distance must be allowed; driving in such bad conditions I often wish I had a car to car missile launcher to get rid of the tail gaters.
I got up this morning with the intention of fitting the winter tyres and wheels but I don't fancy getting a soaking as it keeps pouring with rain. As soon as it dries up a bit outside I'll fit them as I believe bad weather is forecast shortly.
At least I'll be ready for the trip over the border to Golborne next month.
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







