30-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi,
I've just spent quite a while trying to take pictures of this super mallet as I was going to add it as a thread.
Yes I'm the recipient of this gorgeous mallet and Joe is bang on when he says it is a shame to use it; I'm trying to find somewhere to display it and certainly will never use it as it is much too good.
Santa arrived yesterday in the guise of David and it is always a great pleasure to greet him and we had a superb day with the weather taking the Mickey out of me because it was beautiful hot sunshine all the time David was here; we even spent a couple of hours visiting another chum who lives near me.
The workmanship put into turning this mallet is exemplary and as this was a gift for me what David omitted to add was that he also kindly turned a delightful bowl out of cherry for Bron who too loves it and the bowl is already on display in our front room together with David's other turned gifts he has so generously given us.
Other gifts David brought along included a "Woody" radio so hopefully I'll be able to show the cabinet restoration of this on the forum in due course. Thank you so much David for the gifts and what a day we had; it just doesn't get any better than this.
Kind regards, Col.
I've just spent quite a while trying to take pictures of this super mallet as I was going to add it as a thread.
Yes I'm the recipient of this gorgeous mallet and Joe is bang on when he says it is a shame to use it; I'm trying to find somewhere to display it and certainly will never use it as it is much too good.
Santa arrived yesterday in the guise of David and it is always a great pleasure to greet him and we had a superb day with the weather taking the Mickey out of me because it was beautiful hot sunshine all the time David was here; we even spent a couple of hours visiting another chum who lives near me.
The workmanship put into turning this mallet is exemplary and as this was a gift for me what David omitted to add was that he also kindly turned a delightful bowl out of cherry for Bron who too loves it and the bowl is already on display in our front room together with David's other turned gifts he has so generously given us.
Other gifts David brought along included a "Woody" radio so hopefully I'll be able to show the cabinet restoration of this on the forum in due course. Thank you so much David for the gifts and what a day we had; it just doesn't get any better than this.
Kind regards, Col.







