27-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Joe
there is not much difference really, the main difference is there are no smoothers on a battery only set, as they are not needed. They will be present in battery mains set's though.
I like working on them, like pre war sets, they are very easy to work with and give pleasing results.
As regards the speaker, I just pulled the magnet out and there is some rust around the bottom of the casing which I am guessing is the cause of the problem. It still reads 3 ohms so it should be ok, just need to clean it up and realign the magnet.
I think I shall make a tube from thin card or paper to assist with this.
cheers Mark
there is not much difference really, the main difference is there are no smoothers on a battery only set, as they are not needed. They will be present in battery mains set's though.
I like working on them, like pre war sets, they are very easy to work with and give pleasing results.
As regards the speaker, I just pulled the magnet out and there is some rust around the bottom of the casing which I am guessing is the cause of the problem. It still reads 3 ohms so it should be ok, just need to clean it up and realign the magnet.
I think I shall make a tube from thin card or paper to assist with this.
cheers Mark
Keep on Fiddling!







