12-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I, like many in this thread, like to install resistors so that the tolerance band is always in one direction - I hadn't thought about making them easier to read as Jeremy said, but it just looks right! Also, like BMUS, I clean the tags of wrapped wires to leave a clear hole through which to wire the replacement component which I also wrap. However, I sometimes cause myself a lot more work by wrapping joints when I make mistakes - we all do, come on lads, admit it - because I have to go through the cleaning procedure again. As to orientating caps, when they have a black band, as some modern ones do, that always goes to the cold end if there is one and they are always installed so that the value can be read easily.
All in all Rob, If you are obsessive, so are most of us in our own little ways. As a matter of interest, do you count as you do repetitive things such as using a file or a saw? I do - now that I find obsessive :D:D.
All in all Rob, If you are obsessive, so are most of us in our own little ways. As a matter of interest, do you count as you do repetitive things such as using a file or a saw? I do - now that I find obsessive :D:D.






