01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Wilf, who runs Bowood along with his wife, is a great guy who used to work for the better known Bardwell's in Sheffield. As has been said, the range of stuff he sells is limited, but his prices and P&P are fair. He often turns up at radio rallies that aren't too far from hi home in Bakewell to the SW of Sheffield. I guess that a healthy turnover of 470k switched log pots will keep him going nicely!
Another great guy who will go out of his way to source difficult to find components is Chris, at Mode Components, and Peter at 'JABDOG' (made up from the three letters of his amateur radio callsign, and that of his partner), though they don't stock much of use in the way of vintage radio repairs. When I can, for vintage radio stuff - polyester & silver mica caps, and a limited range of resistors and other bits, I use 'Savoy Hill', which has reasonable prices no minimum order value and low P&P costs.
A google search will find them all.
Many happy restorations!
David.
Another great guy who will go out of his way to source difficult to find components is Chris, at Mode Components, and Peter at 'JABDOG' (made up from the three letters of his amateur radio callsign, and that of his partner), though they don't stock much of use in the way of vintage radio repairs. When I can, for vintage radio stuff - polyester & silver mica caps, and a limited range of resistors and other bits, I use 'Savoy Hill', which has reasonable prices no minimum order value and low P&P costs.
A google search will find them all.
Many happy restorations!
David.







