29-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I've been doing a horrible job this morning. I'm having to throw out all my used appliance spares in preparation to moving. A lot of them are stored in my old corrugated iron shed. I've known for a while that mice have been getting in there but had not appreciated quite how much mess they had made. They must be climbing up the base timbers in the gaps formed by the corrugations. I need to fill each corrugation with mortar but that will be quite a big job. Basically I am sorting stuff into 3 piles, plastic parts to go in the normal bin, metal parts to go to the scrap metal people and things like nuts, bolts and jubilee clips which I will keep. All the parts are amongst mouse nest materials, mostly shredded plastic bags. There is also the odd putrefied mouse corpse in amongst the stuff for good measure! The smell is actually not as bad as you would expect so I guess most of the mouse activity was a while ago. The worst area was an old cooker where they had been nesting amongst the insulation material.






