12-09-2024, 09:25 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2024, 09:33 AM by CambridgeWorks.)
Kitchen refurb Dec 2020. 4 year 0ld Samsung washer removed and sold locally for reasonable price and bought this one. Really smooth running and quiet, plus easy to understand programmes and individual temperature settings if wanted.
At same time, our 10 year old small Beko dishwasher was removed and given away and replaced with larger Beko one. Only thing I don't like is the membrane prograame switches inside top edge. Feel like they are not man enough.
The 20+ year old Zanussi tumble drier was scrapped as I had repaired the door catch good enough for us but not to sell on.
It was replaced with a Candy heat pump tumble drier with 2 year warranty luckily.
The plastic water container inset into the door cracked, in my opinion because the door was a tighter fit on the same side, as the crack, pinching the rubber gasket slightly.
Engineer said impossible to adjust door but just supplied a new container.
Just over a year old and it started developing condensation around the inner edge of door.
Engineer replaced the door gasket.
It continued just the same.
Next visit, days later he was a while on his phone and announced it was scrap as ber!
Head office said choose a new one, same price. I did, £20 more as the only option was it had Bluetooth which we didneed.
They agreed to pay this, but to also keep the old one else there would be a disposal charge for it when new one was delivered. This I did and sold it locally with the declared fault for I think £60.
Although looking identical, the new one does seem to perform better than the old one ever did.
I hope straying ot with all this is ok?
Rob
At same time, our 10 year old small Beko dishwasher was removed and given away and replaced with larger Beko one. Only thing I don't like is the membrane prograame switches inside top edge. Feel like they are not man enough.
The 20+ year old Zanussi tumble drier was scrapped as I had repaired the door catch good enough for us but not to sell on.
It was replaced with a Candy heat pump tumble drier with 2 year warranty luckily.
The plastic water container inset into the door cracked, in my opinion because the door was a tighter fit on the same side, as the crack, pinching the rubber gasket slightly.
Engineer said impossible to adjust door but just supplied a new container.
Just over a year old and it started developing condensation around the inner edge of door.
Engineer replaced the door gasket.
It continued just the same.
Next visit, days later he was a while on his phone and announced it was scrap as ber!
Head office said choose a new one, same price. I did, £20 more as the only option was it had Bluetooth which we didneed.
They agreed to pay this, but to also keep the old one else there would be a disposal charge for it when new one was delivered. This I did and sold it locally with the declared fault for I think £60.
Although looking identical, the new one does seem to perform better than the old one ever did.
I hope straying ot with all this is ok?
Rob







